Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village in Sharm el Sheikh are very happy to offer our first UW Photography Workshop hosted by RICO BESSERDICH. Rico is a photographer, journalist and artist renowned in the underwater photographic world having won awards and acclaim worldwide.
Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village
UW Photography Workshop
With RICO BESSERDICH from 23rd May to 30th May 2015
Price €649 per person
(incl. accommodation, half board, diving and workshop)
Born in Germany in 1968, he became interested in photography at a very young age but his real passion for the subject came to the fore after he discovered scuba diving in 1998. On becoming an instructor in 2000 he was able to combine his love for diving and photography by focusing on his 'Aquatic Photography' which has earnt him his just reputation as being one of the best in this field. His work has been published in magazines worldwide and has won him many awards and accolades.
Successful photography does not depend on the technology used but on the eyes and the mind of the photographer"
The goal of this workshop with Rico will not only be to master different techniques of underwater photography but also to develop the photographer’s own unique style and personal vision. This will then help each participant to step out of the masses with their photographic work and images.
What’s included in the price?
Return airport transfers
5 day UW Photography Workshop with evening sessions and presentations
13 dives - 3 days shore diving with 3 dives a day and 2 days from the boat with 2 dives a day
7 nights of accommodation in a double Beach Cabin incl. tax & service charges
Half board catering & 1 special barbecue night
Free Nitrox (12 ltr cylinders)
What’s NOT included in the price?
National park fees
Fuel surcharge on daily boats
Night dive/s and third boat dives
Lunch & drinks
Camera, equipment & torch rental
Optional extras including - 6th day diving and upgrade of accommodation
Upgrade to Bedouin Village room of €30 per person, per week sharing a double/twin room
Single supplement for the week of €30 (Beach Cabin) €60 (Bedouin Village)
Extra (6th) days diving €34 excluding equipment rental
Shore night dives excl. torch (€35 per person), third dive from the boat (€20 per person)
Instead of long classroom sessions each participant will get individual coaching to achieve the objectives they are striving for. To offer a more personalised experience the number of participants is kept to a small number; a minimum of 5 guests up to a maximum of 12 guests. For those who are very new to underwater photography then we would recommend, to get the most from this workshop, that you make the PADI UW Photography Specialty prior to beginning the workshop. Rico will be diving with you throughout and will plan the best sites for you to develop your photographic skills.
The evenings will be spent together over leisurely, relaxed dinners and with ample time to focus on the day’s events with discussions and presentations throughout.
The five days diving will be a combination of shore dives and boat dives which will not only give you the chance to improve your photographic skills, but also to dive on some of the best sites in the Red Sea with an expert on hand at all times!
All the beach cabins are air-conditioned with en-suite shower, toilet and mini fridge. All cabins are twin-bedded. Price includes breakfast and dinner in our Seafood Restaurant (drinks excluded) and a BBQ on one night.
The basic requirements to participate in the course are that you;
● Are qualified to Advanced Open Water level (or equivalent)
● Have a minimum of 25 logged dives
● Have good buoyancy skills and dive responsibly in a buddy team
● Have your own underwater camera (compact, mirrorless, d-slr) and it
is recommended, but not mandatory, that you have an external strobe
● Have used your UW camera before and have at least a basic knowledge
of UW photography
● Speak English or German
● Participants must have dived within 6 months prior to the workshop
● Package price is based on two people sharing a double room (single supplements will apply)
● Equipment rental is not included; full equipment costs €25 per person per day
● Ras Mohamed National Park fee is €5
● Fuel supplement on daily boat diving days is €2 per person, per day
● The workshop requires a minimum of 5 participants and a non-refundable deposit of € 200 is required to guarantee your place
● Participants must have personal insurance cover and ensure the good working condition of their equipment
● Sharks Bay Umbi Diving Village and Rico Besserdich do not assume any liability or responsibility for lost, damaged or stolen equipment
If you would like more detailed information on the workshop content then you can contact Rico directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed enquiries and bookings you can contact us at: email@example.com