A number of companies have launched COVID-19 face masks—the latest being Fourth Element.
The award-winning Cornish manufacturer has used ECONYL® fabric. This is a “grave-to-cradle” material made from recovered fishing gear that has been processed and regenerated into nylon.
The OceanPositive mask has been designed to offer protection and comfort. It is secured to your head via a double cord and knotted at the back of the head. This helps avoid discomfort on the ears. However, if you want to secure it in this manner, the mask can be easily converted to ear loops.
Each mask comes with three PM 2.5 filters—these have five layers of infiltration, including an activated carbon core. (It's worth noting that these masks can be used with or without filters).
Once worn, simply remove the filter before laundering. Then, machine wash the mask at 30°C / 86°F using your normal fabric detergent. When the mask is dry, it can be reused / worn and washed ad infinitum, thereby reducing waste.
- Outer: 4-way stretch premium Italian LYCRA® (78% ECONYL® recycled Nylon / 22% xtra life™ LYCRA®)
- Lining: 88% polyester / 18% elastane
- One size
- Adjustable fastening
- Three removable PM 2.5 filters
- Machine washable at 30°C / 86°F
- The wearer should ensure that the mask is firmly secured to the face and covers the face effectively
- If the mask is soiled, remove it immediately. Do not touch eyes, nose or mouth, and safely store the mask until it can be washed
- Wash the mask at 30°C / 86°F after every use, and wash using your usual laundry detergent
- Please use this mask in conjunction with other safety measures, such as hand washing and not touching your face
- Fourth Element has advised that this product cannot be returned because of health and safety reasons